Must be 16 or older or accompanied by an adult.
Online pre-registration required for each class.
Mix and match classes, instructors however you choose.
Packages cannot be shared.
No refunds/no credits for missed or unused classes.
Class schedule subject to change.
Classes must be cancelled for credit before you are with-in 24 hours of your scheduled class time. (See “Policies”)
Waitlist: If a spot opens up, the system will automatically add you to the class and send you a confirmation email by 2pm on the day of the class. You are at that point confirmed for the class and are not able to cancel. If you do not make it into the class, the credit will be returned to your Banana Skirt account.
Photos/Videos taken during classes can be found by clicking the Dropbox link on the homepage.
Can I try a class for free before I buy a class or package?
- We don’t offer free trial classes.
Do I have to pre-register for class, or can I just drop-in?
- We cannot always accommodate drop-ins. Pre-registration is preferred and payment is required on our secure and easy to use Mindbody online scheduling site. View our class schedule by clicking SCHEDULE tab.
How much are your classes?
How can I buy classes for a friend?
- Log in to your account and there will be an option to purchase a Me & A Friend reservation. Otherwise, you can purchase a Single Session for a friend, the reservation will be in your name. Banana Skirt also has E-Gift Cards that can be used to buy classes for a friend. Click SHOP for giftcards.
Can I share my package?
- No, packages cannot be shared and must be used by the purchaser.
Can I share my Membership credits?
- No, membership credits cannot be shared and must be used by the member.
Preparing for Class
How far in advance should I sign up?
- There are occasionally same-day reservations available, but the best time to sign up is anywhere from a few days to few weeks in advance. If you add yourself to a waitlist, chances are very good that you will get in. It’s definitely worth doing! You must pay for a position on the waitlist. If you do not make it into the class, the credit will be returned to your account (not refunded).
Do people usually get in from the waitlist?
- Yes! Up to 3 out of the 5 people from the waitlist typically get into the class and off of the waitlist, so it’s definitely worth doing! See Full Waitlist details under “Policies”.
What should I wear?
- Wear whatever you’re comfortable in! It’s a very low key atmosphere. Most people wear t-shirts, tanks and leggings. Just be sure whatever you do wear you’re comfortable in and ready to shake it, shake it.
What shoes should I wear?
- We recommend that you wear sneakers.
Arriving for Class
How do I know where to go?
- We list the exact location on our website along with the class. Note: You will not see “Banana Skirt” signage on the exterior of the buildings because we rent from larger facilities. Once you arrive on the studio floor, front desk personnel can tell you the specific studio to go to. You will know the correct studio by seeing the “Banana Skirt” sign on the door of the class.
Do I need to bring a receipt or reservation confirmation with me?
- As long as you pre-registered online and received a confirmation email, you do not need to bring any proof of purchase or registration with you but you will need to check-in with your name through one of our staff.
What time should I show up for class?
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes before class.
What should I do if I’m late for class?
- There is a 10 minute grace period. After such, you will not be able to join the class.
Is water available at the studio?
- Yes. All studios have either water fountains or water for sale. Banana Skirt often provides classes with complimentary bottles of water for attendees who forget to bring their own.
Are there changing areas, lockers or showers?
- Yes there are changing rooms at each studio we use, but it’s best to change in advance if possible due to limited space. There are no showers or lockers at any of our studios. You’ll bring your things into the class with you.
How many people will be in the class?
- There are usually 20-40 students per class, depending on the size of the studio.
What will the other students be like?
- Our students are “real people” of all sizes, shapes, levels and ages. Everyone is friendly, supportive and above all, love to have fun!
Private and Corporate Classes
Do you offer private and corporate Banana Skirt classes?
- Yes! Check out the details on our Private Parties tab.
CANCELLATION POLICY: In order to cancel a class reserved and return it to your account, you must unreserve/early cancel before you are within 24 hours of the class. Once your class is cancelled, the class will be returned to your account to be used at a future date. We do not offer refunds and the class is not refunded. If you haven’t cancelled your class before you are within 24 hours of the class, resulting in a late cancel or no show, you will lose your credit. PACKAGES: Classes not cancelled before you are within 24 hours of your class are considered Late Cancels and are subtracted from your class pack. MEMBERSHIPS: Unlimited Package holders will be assessed a cancellation fee of $15 per incidence for all no shows during your monthly unlimited & assessed a fee of $5 for all late cancels.
REFUND POLICY: All sales are final. There are no refunds for any class, intensive, workshop or masterclass purchases. There are no exceptions. In order to cancel a class reserved and return it to your account, you must unreserve/early cancel before you are within 24 hours of the class. Once your class is cancelled, the class will be returned to your account to be used at a future date. We do not offer refunds and the class is not refunded. If you haven’t cancelled your class before you are within 24 hours of the class, resulting in late cancels or no show, you will lose your credit. You cannot email or call Banana Skirt to cancel or reschedule. It must be done via your online Banana Skirt account. There are no exceptions. Please note there are no refunds, exchanges, or credits for WORKSHOPS, INTENSIVES OR MASTERCLASSES. Purchased sessions are non-transferrable.
WORKSHOPS, INTENSIVES OR MASTERCLASSES: Workshops, Intensives, and Masterclasses sales are final. There are no refunds, exchanges, or credits for WORKSHOPS, INTENSIVES OR MASTERCLASSES. Purchased workshop, intensive, or masterclass sessions cannot be rescheduled. Packages cannot be used for workshops, intensives, or masterclasses. Please note there are no refunds, exchanges, or credits for WORKSHOPS, INTENSIVES OR MASTERCLASSES. Purchased sessions are transferrable.
PACKAGES: All sales are final. Packages are to be used by the purchaser only and cannot be transferred or shared. Classes not cancelled before you are within 24 hours of your class are considered Late Cancels and are subtracted from your class package as used.
Packages expire automatically on the expiration date noted at time of purchase. You can extend packages that are expired for a reactivation fee of $10. The fee will extend your package for 1 month. You are not eligible for reactivation if your package has been expired for over one year.
LATE POLICY: We do understand that things happen, so we allow for a 10 minute grace period after class has started. After such, you will not be able to join the class. Because you showed up and made effort to make the class, we will not treat this as a no show and will return the credit back to your account.
MEMBERSHIPS: Clients are agreeing to monthly payments in exchange for set amount of classes per month. Clients may select any Banana Skirt class being offered during each 30 day cycle. Classes not used within each 30-day period do not carry over and cannot be transferred. Classes not cancelled before you are within 24 hours of your class are considered Late Cancels and are subtracted from your class pack. Unlimited Package holders will be assessed a cancellation fee of $15 per incidence for all no shows during your monthly unlimited & assessed a fee of $5 for all late cancels. Memberships are a 3-month minimum term. Memberships will auto-renew at the end of three months. Member must notify us at least 30 days before start of next 3-month cycle to cancel contract.
WAITLIST: To obtain a position on our waitlist you must purchase a single class. If you do not make it off of the waitlist and into the requested class, the class credit is returned to your account. It is not refunded and all sales are final. If you add yourself to one of our waitlists, you will be notified via email when you make it into the class. Please be sure to update your email preferences in order to receive email correspondence from us. If you make it into the class, you are CONFIRMED for the class. The latest you will be added to the class is 2pm – day of class. If you do not make it into the class, the credit will be returned to your Banana Skirt account. It is not refunded. Any late cancels will be treated as such. Not being aware that you were added to a class is not a valid reason for a late cancel or no show and will not be refunded or credited. You must select Subscribe to email reminders & notifications to receive notice that you have been added to the class. If you are on the waitlist and wish to be removed prior to being added to the class, you must log into your account and remove yourself from the waitlist. Calling or emailing Banana Skirt will not remove you from the waitlist.
PHOTO/VIDEO PERMISSION: Banana Skirt reserves the right to use all photographs, slides and videos taken of all individuals while participating in Banana Skirt programs for any and all publicity purposes. If you do not wish to have your photo used, you must submit a written letter to the Banana Skirt stating this. Please address all correspondence to the Communications Department.
LIABILITY WAIVER: By signing up for and/or attending classes, events, activities, and other programs of Banana Skirt, Inc, you hereby acknowledge that BANANA SKIRT, INC is in no way responsible for the safekeeping of your personal belongings while you attend class. You understand that BANANA SKIRT, INC classes may be physically strenuous and you voluntarily participate in them with full knowledge that there is risk of personal injury, property loss or death. You agree that neither you, your heirs, assigns or legal representatives will sue or make any other claims of any kind whatsoever against BANANA SKIRT, INC or its members for any personal injury, property damage/loss, or wrongful death, weather caused by negligence or otherwise.